I completed 2.25 miles in 33 minutes (this includes a 1/4 mile cool down but not the warm up walk. All of the runs, except the last 1/4 mile, were done at 5.0 MPH and the last 1/4 mile run was done at 5.7 MPH. The only modification made to the program was that I switched the second 1/4 mile run with the second 1/2 mile run. I did this because it is WAY to much suspense getting the 1/2 mile run done and then having to wait the rest of the session to complete the last 1/2 mile run. Also because I switched the runs I switched their recovery times. After my last 1/2 mile run I did less than 1/4 mile recovery and took up the 1/4 mile run sooner than I was supposed to. Confusing I know but it worked in tricking my mind into thinking I was doing less!
Now on to my physical progress. I weigh the same as always 111.8-112 pounds but this second run was AMAZING! Breathing was easy and not once did I have to suck air. My lungs and throat did not hurt and I didn't even have to breath in through my nose and out through my mouth like normal. I was just breathing through my nose-a little faster than normal! Side stitches were at a minimal, probably because I have succeeded in regulating my breathing, but also because when I felt one coming on I would massage my side while running. There were also no shin splints.The only problem I had was with soar calf muscles. They felt like I was working out which I supposed is a good thing because...I AM WORKING OUT! I had to remind myself of that when I started sweating and feeling hot in my cold basement, reassure myself that I wasn't having hot flashes I was exercising.So I'll have to do some kind of exercise to strengthen my calves. It's funny because I always had problems with breathing and chest pains when running and never got to actual leg pains because I would always quit. After the runs there was no dizziness or headache like the last run.
Its funny because on week 4 day 1 I was afraid I would have to repeat week 4. Now I am confident that if vacation doesn't mess me up, I will be able to continue on no problem. Also, I realized today that focusing on my reflection in the TV in front me and on the music while running helps me zone out everything. I don't look at the mileage because it makes the run longer. Week 4 day 2 session went by quickly and I hope I continue to have such success.
Lastly, my mom told me yesterday that my dad told her he was proud of me for getting up to run every other day. This literally made me beam with pride because if dad is proud of me for something than I did well. I decided to reward myself with a new pair of running shoes, compliments of daddy's credit card, because the shoes I have been running in are years old and were bought from Walmart. Let me say that running shoes are BUTT UGLY! I much prefer my Puma sneakers but those wont do for running. So I ordered myself a pair off Asics Cumulus 11(pictured above), last years version of the Cumulus shoe, in Paradise Pink. I love the paradise pink color and the shoe, originally 100$, only coast me 64$ because the Cumulus 12 recently came out. Great deal and I'm excited to run in them!
PS: After telling my mom of all the wonderful weight loss people have had she has decided to join the C25K program on August 1st. She ordered a pair of trainers, same color and model as mine, and will start her runs tomorrow! I'm excited for her even if she did steal my shoes!

0 comments:
Post a Comment